well, i was in new york last week. this wasn’t my first time in the big apple but for sure it was the best one, i got to walk the streets, take the subways, eat great meals, shop, dance and sleep-in with my “superman” …we had a great time.
here is what i loved the most (and the least) about our visit:
· first and foremost, the enormous amount of creativity this city has, like no other place…you just find in it in so many places and in so many ways, from the spectacular art museums to the guys in the street that out of a cheap canvas make a beautiful piece of art…that’s what i enjoyed the most, it makes me want to stay.
· the food, oh my lord, the food…we had just 1 so-so meal, the rest was just… BUENISIMO!
· martin and agnes and their beautiful girls, i love their genuine sense of humor, their humbleness, sweetness and the st. andres cheese.
· waking up at 11 a.m. on sunday, i forgot how great that feels.
· the unusual sensation of shopping with my husband, thanks honey, i know you did it out of pure love.
· waking up saturday morning to walk to the today show so our kids could see us on television so they felt we weren’t that far away.
· spending time with kyle, mick’s cousin, who is a great guy, love your jacket. hope you visit us this summer.
· women in their 70′s with huge funky sunglasses and amazing style.
· delis where you can get whatever you want whenever you want.
· what i liked the least….well waiting for an hour for a table, flying in and seeing the ginormous holes at the world trade center, having to wash the dirt off of me all the time just from walking around, being refused by lazy cabbies, small hotel rooms and blisters.
we’ll go back soon, we have to go back soon, it’s a one-of-a-kind place and gave me so much inspiration…take a look and i’m sure you’ll agree…
… i love NY too.